Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rapes in the Superdome?

I really feel for the people who either could not or did not leave. I think we should get aid to them as quickly as possible.

I've been reading the articles like many of y'all and this just really upset me:

Several residents said they had heard of young children being raped, though it was not clear whether anyone reported such incidents, and no officials could be found who could confirm the accounts.

Darcel Monroe, 21, a cashier in a bakery, stammered hysterically as she recounted seeing two young girls being raped in one of the women's bathrooms. "A lot of people saw it but they were afraid to do anything," she said. "He ran out past all of us."

This seems to just be rumor to me and I'm hoping that's the case.

Even if they hadn't checked everyone for weapons, and even if there weren't authorities present to keep order and take reports of crimes, WHY ON EARTH wouldn't SOMEONE in a crowded stadium stop a rapist?

There is no way I would stand idly by, let alone with an entire group of adults, and allow some beast, let alone an unarmed man, to rape a girl.

Personally, I would scream so loud and start kicking. I've been attacked before so, before anyone asks, yes, I know how I would react. I know if my husband had been there, he would have killed the beast with his own two hands.

I'm really hoping this did not happen.