Thursday, August 25, 2005

Anti-War Protestors' Disgusting Display at Army Hospital

Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital

Washington (CNSNews.com) - The Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., the current home of hundreds of wounded veterans from the war in Iraq, has been the target of weekly anti-war demonstrations since March. The protesters hold signs that read "Maimed for Lies" and "Enlist here and die for Halliburton."

...Among the props used by the protesters are mock caskets, lined up on the sidewalk to represent the death toll in Iraq

Wow. How offensive can you get? Harassing wounded heroes.

...Kevin Pannell, who was recently treated at Walter Reed and had both legs amputated after an ambush grenade attack near Baghdad in 2004, considers the presence of the anti-war protesters in front of the hospital "distasteful."

...We went by there one day and I drove by and [the anti-war protesters] had a bunch of flag-draped coffins laid out on the sidewalk. That, I thought, was probably the most distasteful thing I had ever seen. Ever," Pannell, a member of the Army's First Cavalry Division, told Cybercast News Service.

The anti-war protesters claim their presence at the hospital is necessary to publicize the arrivals of newly wounded soldiers from Iraq, who the protesters allege are being smuggled in at night by the Pentagon to avoid media scrutiny. The protesters also argue that the military hospital is the most appropriate place for the demonstrations and that the vigils are designed to ultimately help the wounded veterans.

"If I went to war and lost a leg and then found out from my hospital bed that I had been lied to, that the weapons I was sent to search for never existed, that the person who sent me to war had no plan but to exploit me, exploit the country I was sent to, I would be pretty angry," Luke told Cybercast News Service.

"I would want people to do something about it and if I couldn't get out of my bed and protest myself, I would want someone else to do it in my name," he added.

How paternalistic... "These ignorant soldiers don't know their own minds so we're here to tell them."

Idiot. It doesn't matter how YOU feel. You never would have volunteered to defend your country anyway. You are too busy criticizing this country using the freedom that these brave men and others have protected for you.

It matters how these veterans feel. The fact that you can't see this means you lack even the one redeeming feature liberal moonbats allegedly have--empathy.

...Luke and the other anti-war protesters dismissed the message of the counter demonstrators. "We know most of the George Bush supporters have never spent a day in uniform, have never been closer to a battlefield than seeing it through the television screen," Luke said.

Ummm... and you (or most war protestors) have?

Okey, dokey... Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

Of course MOST Bush supporters aren't veterans. Only 13 percent of the U.S. population 18 and over are veterans. Even if 100% of the U.S. populations supported Bush, MOST of his supporters would not be veterans.

However, MOST veterans do support Bush. Since this dork is throwing around words like "most," check out these numbers.