Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Freedom Walk

Just wanted to let everyone know about the Freedom Walk, organized by the DoD. Sounds like a great idea.

Where will you be this September 11th?
The tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, left an indelible mark on the American consciousness. This September 11th, the nation will gather in Washington, D.C. to remember the victims, honor our veterans, past and present, and celebrate our freedom with the America Supports You Freedom Walk, organized by the Department of Defense.


Clint Black will play in the concert that follows. A question--aren't there any musicians that play something other than Country and would like to play events like this??? I must admit, Country is growing on me. Still, I really prefer rock, blues, jazz, and classical.

Anyway, sounds like a great way to show support for our troops. I probably won't be able to make it. My husband has been out in the field a lot and I want to spend as much time as possible with him. Besides, tickets would be a lot of money which I could better use to support my husband's unit. If you are in the D.C. area, though, I hope you'll consider walking.

If you do join the walk, I'd love to hear about it!