Monday, May 23, 2005

Forsake Our Troops Founder on Hannity & Colmes

Forsake Our Troops

Watch if you don't have a heart condition.

I hate to give him more publicity. Believe me, I am thinking twice about posting this... but I agree that everyone should know that this type of nonsense is out there.

My goodness... his only point is that the compensation is too high... so that justifies calling soldiers, "Poster [children] for retroactive abortion"? Crook makes himself clearest when he asks, "What idiot risks their life for a country?" If he counts Thomas Jefferson, Sherman, Lincoln, JFK, and countless others as idiots, then count me in.

His logic is about as skewed as can be. Playing the part of a libertarian, claiming that soldiers chose to join and so should receive nothing, he makes a mockery of true conservatism.

I don't even need to address his calculations... which make an example of an O-8, that's right, a Major General, who is essentially the civilian equivalent of a Fortune 500 CEO or CFO making the whopping sum of a little under 129,000 a year. Anyone who has even the slightest familiarity of today's job market can easily make mincemeat of his misinformation.