Thursday, April 07, 2005

Opening Day

Well... Here I am... set up under a pseudonym. I expect, if DH (Dear Husband) approves, I'll be adding details about my life as an Army Wife. Once upon a time I was a college student, then I was a teacher, and I expect some day I'll be a mother. Technically, I'm currently a freelance writer... but really I am an ARMY WIFE.

Perhaps that sounds terribly un-P.C. ... that my husband's career would be such a large part of my identity. Well, I never did go in for the P.C. stuff, anyway. Truth be told, being an army wife can be very time-consuming and rewarding, especially if you are an officer's wife. The Army controls where we go, which in return controls so much of what we do.

Although gone are the days when a wife directly makes or breaks her husband's career (unless perhaps he's running for President), a committed spouse can make any intense career choice more manageable. I'm finding this so much more so no that DH is an army officer than when he was a lawyer.

Expect to find... funny (at least to me) anecdotes, thoughts about la vida military, hopes, anxieties, dreams, commentaries on current events. Don't expect too many salacious tidbits, though. I'm sure I've already included enough information that a clever person could put two and two together if they liked.